Proxmox not starting after install

Colonal

Aug 21, 2018
Yesterday I installed Proxmox for the first time, setup all my containers and get everything up and running. I started copying my bulk files from my PC to a CT last night.

When I woke up my Proxmox machine was shut off, I turned it on and went to work. Just got home, can't access the Proxmox web page, but I can ping and putty into it. No containers are on the network. I rebooted it for good measure, no change.

I only knew enough to get it all going, haven't had any experience troubleshooting Linux, and I don't know where the logs are. While I google to try to find what to do, does anyone have any recommendations?

So I plugged a monitor, and found it listing errors about "invalid checksum recovering blocks" and "error loading journal".
Found that I should do a pct fsck
Here's the output of the one that failed:

fsck from util-linux 2.29.2
/dev/mapper/Data-vm--102--disk--1: recovering journal
JBD2: Invalid checksum recovering block 1 in log
JBD2: Invalid checksum recovering block 3 in log
Journal checksum error found in /dev/mapper/Data-vm--102--disk--1
/dev/mapper/Data-vm--102--disk--1: Clearing orphaned inode 13 (uid=0, gid=0, mode=0100600, size=0)
/dev/mapper/Data-vm--102--disk--1 was not cleanly unmounted, check forced.
/dev/mapper/Data-vm--102--disk--1: 24904/196608000 files (0.1% non-contiguous), 17977891/786432000 blocks
command 'fsck -a -l /dev/Data/vm-102-disk-1' failed: exit code 1

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!