proxmox not respecting .pve-ignore file

markusn

Jan 31, 2016
Good Day!

I am running a Debian 10 LXC container on PVE 7.1-8.
I recently configured systemd-resolved in order to achieve dns caching on that container. This requires /etc/resolv.conf to be modified. That works for some time, but at some point proxmox overwrites this file with its own configuration, rendering systemd-resolved useless. After some searching i found a way that is supposed to prevent these files from being overwritten by proxmox (see https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Linux_Container#_guest_operating_system_configuration). I created the file /etc/.pve-ignore.resolv.conf, however, seemingly randomly, and on reboot, this file is still being overwritten by proxmox.

For the sake of completeness, this is the config file for said container:

arch: amd64 cores: 4 hostname: zabbix.chanoa.de memory: 4096 net0: name=eth0,bridge=vmbr0,firewall=1,hwaddr=9A:AD:34:C5:64:89,ip=dhcp,ip6=auto,tag=130,type=veth onboot: 1 ostype: debian rootfs: local-lvm:vm-100-disk-0,size=32G swap: 0 unprivileged: 1

Am i missing something?

Am i missing something?
on a hunch - since the container gets it's IP via DHCP - could the dhclient simply overwrite the /etc/resolv.conf?

what's it's content after a fresh boot?

I hope this hleps!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!