[SOLVED] Proxmox not connecting to Network

marcelw60

Jun 19, 2023
Hello,

My HP2 Proxmox server was running normal on local ip 10.0.0.30 for a few months. In setting up an additional Proxmox server, by mistake I used the TTeck post install script on this HP2 server iso of the new server. This seems to have messed up a few things. The networking is not working anymore. I can't access the server with SSH and also ping to 10.0.0.30 doesn't give a response.

So, proxmox is NOT connecting to the network even though it says that it is available at 10.0.0.30. Is there a way I can reset the network configuration? What should be the default values in this case in /etc/network/interfaces file?

This is what I have in /etc/network/interfaces file now...
1727345212858.png

1727345173115.png

Any pointers to fix this will be of great help.

Thanks in advance.

-marcel

Always be careful when using 3rd party scripts, I didn't check the one you used, but there have been situations in which an "improvement script" installed a trojan. Preferably, adjust the system manually and be mindful while doing so.

your /etc/network/interface configuration is looking good, have you tried reloading the interfaces?

Code:
ifreload -a

Last edited:
Thanks for yr hint Kevin!

I got a permission denied error using ifreload -a.
I searched for ifreload and permission denied and found this post

Using dpkg --configure -a, solved my problem. I can connect to the webui again and have access to the network.
It seems that raspotify client I use on this server was the culprit when the TTeck script updated PVE.
All fine now, have a great day!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!