Proxmox node: can't mount NFS share

MikeC

Renowned Member
Jan 11, 2016
Bay Area, California
Hello. I need to mount an NFS share on the node so I can restore a backup. I noticed I can't get nfs-common services running as they're masked in /lib/systemd/system.
How would I enable NFS mounting at the node level?

root@proxmox3:~# mount livespare:/liveshare /mnt2
mount.nfs: requested NFS version or transport protocol is not supported

I add NFS share from Proxmox GUI:
Navigate to 'Datacenter/Storage/Add/NFS'

ID: <name for share>

Server: <IP address for NFS share>

Export: <path to folder on NFS share>

Content: <choose what is allowed to be stored>

Nodes: All

Enable: yes

Thanks! tried that out, but got a permissions error:

create storage failed: error with cfs lock 'file-storage_cfg': mkdir /mnt/pve/Livespare/images: Permission denied at /usr/share/perl5/PVE/Storage/Plugin.pm line 954. (500)

Hi,
Did somebody find a solution for this problem?
I'm still experiencing this
did you specify the correct NFS version? Are the permissions configured correctly?

Please share the output of pveversion -v, your /etc/pve/storage.cfg and the exact error message (might also be worth checking /var/log/syslog for additional information).

Hi,

did you specify the correct NFS version? Are the permissions configured correctly?

Please share the output of pveversion -v, your /etc/pve/storage.cfg and the exact error message (might also be worth checking /var/log/syslog for additional information).
Thank you for the quick response.
I wasn't able to fix this.

What worked for me was installing nfs-kernel-server from scratch inside an existing VM.

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!