[SOLVED] Proxmox no DHCP

CCWTech

Mar 3, 2020
I have installed Proxmox VE on serveral different computers and almost always get 192.168.100.2 as the IP address. Are there specific NIC's required for Proxmox or does it not pickup DHCP well?

There are no special system requirements for the NIC in your server. Could you find out which NICs exactly do not work?

I was able to get this working, please disregard thread. It looked like it wasn't picking up an IP but it did. The information presented gave the default IP address to log into, but the server actually had a different IP and was connected to the internet.

That's nice to hear. It would be great if you could mark the thread as solved by editing the opening post and setting a prefix!

Done.

The issue was that Proxmox was reporting the wrong IP address on the screen before login. I found that it's a static entry in the hosts file and doesn't actually reflect the correct IP of the box.

Reactions: Dominic

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!