Proxmox NIC configuration

Antonino89

Jul 13, 2017
Hi guys,

Also thanks to all of us i'm going to keep all my system live..

I need an help regarding network configuration and NIC creation

I created 3 proxmox virtual server with 2 NIC, one NIC will be used for internal management (Private ip) and second NIC will be used as Public inteface reacheable from everywhere.

i created in server 1 let's say 1 container and i want to use 1 NIC to connect it throught the internet
i also created in server 3 1 Windows VM and i want to use 1 NIC to connect it thorugt the internet.

Based on the schema that i upload here, can you please clarify the way vmbr0-1-2 etc works?

should i link each vmbrX to ensX?

Thanks

Attachments

• proxmox test environment network2.png
    proxmox test environment network2.png
    19.7 KB · Views: 32
  • Immagine.png
    Immagine.png
    46.5 KB · Views: 28

Okay.. i already have a physical NIC for the Internet connection. I should configure the ip addressing on the physical one or in te vmbrX?

If i try to configure vmbr1 (vmbr0) is already used and i set the gateway of the device that is a bridge to the internet i get this error:

Parameter verification failed. (400)

gateway: Default gateway already exists on interface 'vmbr0'

This does not make sense for me...i must have the same gateway for all NIC?

You set a default gateway twice, you need to set routes for different gateways.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!