Proxmox NFS 5.4-6

ixproxmox

Renowned Member
Nov 25, 2015
I have tried every thread in here to find out why two servers partially doesn't work with NFS v4.

- I can mount (and browse) the share using command line of the server.
- I have tested the time it takes (based on threads suggesting it is a slow connection), it is 0. seconds each time (less than a second).
- One one proxmox, I have 1 share against same server actually working.
- In GUI, the mount appear to be working. But when clicking "Content", it shows "Result verification failed (400)". However, in the summary page, it correctly show usage information for that share.
- I have a qnap pro NAS and have used it against IPMI-vew and mounts good there.
- There are no firewall between proxmox and NAS (same IP range, not NAT or anything - just local).

I have no clue what is going on. Everything I see, says it is working. I have tried to remove all shares, validate it is totally gone and re-add. Same problem.

This has only occoured in newest version, I have not seen this kind of error before.

I try to avoid reboot the entire proxmox if I can, since I can't do proper backup even withouth the NAS.

Update: I discovered that ProxMox created a share inside the NFS-share and by putting iso-files there, the 400 error was gone for iso-files. And after that, I managed to get it working on one server so far.

Last edited:
have no clue what is going on. Everything I see, says it is working. I have tried to remove all shares, validate it is totally gone and re-add. Same problem.

Can you look at the nodes syslog during such a "Result verification" problem to see if a more specific error is logged there?

It could be the issue: https://bugzilla.proxmox.com/show_bug.cgi?id=2226 Do you have any dead links or the like in this NFS backing export?

I ran into this problem today. It is a symlink issue and my proxmox server are up to date. This fixed it:

Code:
find /mnt/pve/SOMEMOUNT -type l ! -exec test -e {} \; -print
If any results show there, it means there's a broken symlink. Remove it and all will be well.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!