Proxmox Network Drops

Bullshit! The Setup was correct all the time. I'm using three different types of proxmox servers, in different areas, since more than a year. Never had any problem. Everything worked. That's why i put so much energy in this project. At this point it's not my task anymore to figure it out. It's my task to find a economical solution and now the cheapest solution is(if it works - will be tested soon) to install WServer 2012 on bare metal and use hyper v.

so, whats your load average and io utilisisation on node and on windows 2012 VM when the issue occurs ?
see above (multiples) for instructions

Cause we run 10 +/- Windows 2012 Vm's (standard and Datacenter) in production using proxmox 4.x on 40G+ link(s) and high throughput. We do not have the described issue. years of experience with proxmox and windows server not withstanding.

Last edited:
I am still strongly betting its a misconfigured Windows 2012 Server in conjunction with a misconfigured KVM leading to massive resource starvation. Simply because we run em with a lot higher throughputs (10-40x magnitude) then his testcase is, with no issues

The "values" i have been asking for would make this very obvious at a glance.

edit: a too high MTU issue could also be compounding it on top if, one would need to know what MTU settings his physical 2008, the physical switch, the proxmox vmbrX and the windows 2012 VM has set.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!