Proxmox Nagios Backup Check

Hi,
thanks for sharing!

Have tried the script and it's work.

One remark: If I check the backup for an VM which is migrated (but still an backup there) I got the answer "Critical - No backups of vm 150", better was perhaps an "Unknown/Critical - VM not excist but backup file still there"?

Udo

Hello everybody,

a while ago I wrote a script to check the status of the proxmox backup feature via nagios. I just wanted to share it with you, so i'll throw the link in here:

https://github.com/MrCrankHank/Nagios-Plugins/blob/master/check_proxmox_backup.sh

It can monitore KVM, LXC, and OpenVZ backups.

Have a nice day.

Hi,

Thanks for the script. I tried to use it but with the jessie version the nrpe package doesn't allow anymore the argument....
So, is it possible to use the script and indicate more that one vm ? ex :

check_proxmox_backup.sh storage 100,101,102 1
or
check_proxmox_backup.sh storage all 1
or
check_proxmox_backup.sh storage all --exclude 105

Anyway, thanks a lot for your work.

Hi everybody!

One remark: If I check the backup for an VM which is migrated (but still an backup there) I got the answer "Critical - No backups of vm 150", better was perhaps an "Unknown/Critical - VM not excist but backup file still there"?

I added a validation to the script which checks, if the vm exists and returns "Unknown - vm $ID does not exist" if it doesn't.

Do you need the check for stray backups?

Hi,

Thanks for the script. I tried to use it but with the jessie version the nrpe package doesn't allow anymore the argument....
So, is it possible to use the script and indicate more that one vm ? ex :

check_proxmox_backup.sh storage 100,101,102 1
or
check_proxmox_backup.sh storage all 1
or
check_proxmox_backup.sh storage all --exclude 105

Anyway, thanks a lot for your work.

That looks like a lot of work :D

I had problems with nrpe to. But since i update the nagios configuration via puppet it got a lot easier. I will add your feature request to the todo list.

MrCrankHank

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!