Proxmox multiple public ip configuration

backkherozzo1985

Mar 25, 2014
Hi all, I installed Proxmox to my bare metal server and i need to have 2 public ip configured to the same public interface. The first public ip https://x.x.x.x:8006 show the proxmox GUI and I would configure the 2nd public ip x.x.x.y to the public interface of the Pfsense vm hosted by Proxmox (obviuosly the 2 public ip are in the same /29 public network). My Proxmox server have only 1 public interface and I configured linux bridge with this physical interface and configured the 1st public ip. Proxmox GUI is available but I can't reach pfsense with the other public ip. Anyone have configured Proxmox with a similar scenario? Thank you

Hi all, I installed Proxmox to my bare metal server and i need to have 2 public ip configured to the same public interface. The first public ip https://x.x.x.x:8006 show the proxmox GUI and I would configure the 2nd public ip x.x.x.y to the public interface of the Pfsense vm hosted by Proxmox (obviuosly the 2 public ip are in the same /29 public network). My Proxmox server have only 1 public interface and I configured linux bridge with this physical interface and configured the 1st public ip. Proxmox GUI is available but I can't reach pfsense with the other public ip. Anyone have configured Proxmox with a similar scenario? Thank you

It depends on your provider/hoster how to access via public IPs. Important to know:

- subnet
- gateway
- acceptance of MAC addresses

Especially the latter is usually restrictively used. Note that each VM and container have their own MAC addresses which may not be accepted by your provider/hoster. Contact him in order to get information how to configure your scenario.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!