Proxmox Memory Info

is there any device in the device manager which has no driver installed?

Why at Windows Guest. It always load all allocate memory?
I have installed the ballon and other virtio driver.
View attachment 4150

Not like at Linux Guest Host, it show what it use.
View attachment 4151

because windows fill vm memory with zeroes on boot.
can you try to enable memory hotplug option in vm. I think windows don't fill the memory with zeroes in this case.

I was having the same problem as well on my new windows install, then I found this link: https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Dynamic_Memory_Management#Enable_Auto-Ballooning_on_Windows_2008r2

I installed the HDD, network and balloon drivers on install but did not know there was any post install setup until i used the instructions under
Enable Auto-Ballooning on Windows 2008r2, now the windows task manager and Proxmox show the same ram use.
you can do installation from first time windows installation, mount the image together with your windows image installation

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!