Proxmox managent

bandzior

Jun 2, 2015
Hello.

I am looking for a solution for PROXMOX that will allow me to allocate my cluster resources to the client - CPU, RAM, disk space, network and the client will be able to create appropriate virtual machines within these resources. Something similar to VMware SDDC, but I don't care about the billing functionality.

I found Virtualizor software that I will probably test, but I would like to know if there are any other similar fixtures. Do you know any, better, etc.?

Best Daniel

Good morning. I will raise this topic again.
Is there any way to create SDDC in proxmox for user?
For example, allocate an amount of cpu, memory and disk to the user so that he can create his own vms using the limits he has available.
It would be a solution similar to openstack's SDDC.

Im not sure if I understand the question correct. You could just create a VM runing Proxmox again. Is there any difference of doing this to a VMware SDDC ?

AFAIK there is no built-in mechanism in PVE that will provide fully featured SDDC-like experience. You will need to use one of the 3rd party addons that will allow you top-level management/audit/allocation of resources per client.

While its possible to run multiple nested-PVEs, as @Philipp Hufnagl suggested, that still does not provide an AWS/Openstack like client/resource management. As an example, if a client needs extra CPU/memory - the admin would have to shutdown/restart nested PVE for additional resources to take effect. Not an experience that a paying customer would appreciate.

Blockbridge : Ultra low latency all-NVME shared storage for Proxmox - https://www.blockbridge.com/proxmox

Um recurso nesse sentido seria muito interessante.
Grandes empresas oferecem esse produto e acho que há demanda de mercado. O proxmox é bastante completo e com esta novidade seria a cereja no topo do bolo.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!