Proxmox Mailgateway: SPF / DKIM / DMARC Check and Header

Feb 3, 2022
Hello everyone,

yesterday I switched to PMG so reduce the the cpu usage on my mailserver. So the pre-checks are made somewhere else so the Cloud VPS stays cheap.
Now I got a question: Is it possible to set a header if spa/dkim/dmarc fails or is it just the SPAM Score which gets higher?
I would like to use the headers still.

Kind regards,

Failing DKIM/SPF detection is done through SpamAssassin currently - and this does not set a dedicated header.

You can add the __SPAMINFO__ as a header - this will contain the names of the SpamAssassin hits on which you could match.

else see https://bugzilla.proxmox.com/show_bug.cgi?id=2517 - we're currently not actively working on that (and we'll wait at least till SpamAssassin 4.0 is out to see if that brings some different support for such things) - but you can subscribe there to get notified if this gets implemented

I hope this helps!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!