Proxmox Mail Gateway Log Error

Hugo Almeida

Jul 15, 2019
Good afternoon,

My Proxmox Mail Gateway is popping up a log message:

postfix/postscreen[21493]: CONNECT from [209.85.221.48]:43262 to [192.168.20.18]:25

postfix/postscreen[21504]: fatal: error [-30986] seeking /var/lib/postfix/postscreen_cache.db: Success

postfix/master[1771]: warning: process /usr/lib/postfix/sbin/postscreen pid 21504 exit status 1

If anyone can help me with this mistake, I am grateful. Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,

Hugo Almeida

That's odd - the message would indicate one of 3 things to me:
* the db-file /var/lib/postfix/postscreen_cache.db got corrupted somehow - you could try removing it and restarting postfix
* something installed some incompatible berkeley-db headers and utils on your system and postfix mistakenly uses them (rather unlikely) did you install any other packages on that system? - What's the output of
Code:
ldd /usr/lib/postfix/sbin/postscreen
* something else is wrong with the system - do you have any errors in the journal or dmesg?

I hope this helps!

as said - most likely the file just got corrupted - try removing it and restart postfix afterwards

Good Morning!
Thank you!
I was able to solve the problem with the indicated solution

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!