Proxmox LXC Network setup

Newlife

Sep 27, 2017
Hello everyone,

I just bought a Server at Hetzner and tried to setup the additional subnet that they gave me. I'm getting the strange problem whenever I try to bridge one of my subnet IP's to a LXC Container, the main proxmox Server responds instead (pve-manager/4.4-18/ef2610e8 (running kernel: 4.4.83-1-pve).

Here is my interfaces config:

Code:
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback
iface lo inet6 loopback

auto eth0
iface eth0 inet static
  address 1.2.3.4
  netmask 255.255.255.255
  gateway <Gateway IP>
  pointopoint <Gateway IP>

auto vmbr0
iface vmbr0 inet static
  address 120.120.120.120
  netmask 255.255.255.240
  bridge_ports none
  bridge_stp off
  bridge_fd 0

iface eth0 inet6 static
  address ...
  netmask 64
  gateway ...

If I use the vmbr0 bridge on my Container, the Container wont respond, instead proxmox itself answers.

Since I'm fairly new and many tutorials out there tell a different story, I'm stuck with the problem.

Best Regards

//edit: Ok IP Forwarding wasnt enabled after reboot, now the Container is still not reachable but proxmox itself wont respond to the IP anymore.

yes, I ended up with the

Code:
up ip route add <2nd additional IP>/32 dev vmbr0
method for every ip, isnt the nicest way though.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!