[SOLVED] Proxmox Local Storage & Replication Question

helojunkie

Jul 28, 2017
San Diego, CA
I have a small Proxmox cluster comprised of 4 x Dell R640s, each with 1TB of RAM, and 4 X 4TB Dell NVMe P4510 Drives configured in 2 x mirrored vdevs for a total of almost 8TB on each node in the cluster. This local storage is called `ssdstorage` on each node.

I have set up HA and replication between the various nodes in my cluster, and I wanted to make sure that I was correctly interpreting the usage on my `storage.`

When I go into my node summary, for `ssdimages`, I show 47% in use. This is after I set up all of my replication, and the replication has been running for a few days.

The warning I am most concerned about is that I have enough drive space available on `ssdimages` to successfully migrate my CTs/VMs in the event of a node failure.

So my question is this: Does the usage shown INCLUDE the space used by the replicated CTs/VMs from my other nodes? I suspect that it does since when I go into VM Disks I see the VMs from the other nodes there.

I want to make sure, because if it does NOT include that space, I assume the HA will fail due to insufficient drive space.

Thank You

Hey,
Yes, any replicated CT/VM storage should appear on the disk usage. Another way to confirm this is to delete the replicated VM storage, wait for the graph to update (or use the CLI), then start the replication again ;)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!