Proxmox kernel headers

Footman

Jul 7, 2009
Hello,

I'm trying to install Bristuff on proxmox virtual machine. The problem is that Bristuff needs kernel headers in order to activate zaptel modules but /lib/modules is empty. Do you have a solution ?

I've found this link : ftp://pve.proxmox.com/sources/pve-kernel-2.6.24_2009-06-05.tar.gz. Do you think I can do anything with that ? Should I recompile the kernel in the virtual machine or the host ?

Thanks for your help.

Nicolas.

apt-get update
apt-get install pve-headers-2.6.24-7-pve

apt-get update
apt-get install pve-headers-2.6.24-7-pve

Thanks but this is only possible on the host, not on the VM. I installed it on the host and tried to copy /lib/modules files in the VM but zaptel compilation failed...

Code:
/bristuff/build/bristuff/zaptel/kernel/pciradio.c: At top level:
/bristuff/build/bristuff/zaptel/kernel/pciradio.c:1886: warning: excess elements in struct initializer
/bristuff/build/bristuff/zaptel/kernel/pciradio.c:1886: warning: (near initialization for ‘pciradio_pci_tbl[0]’)
/bristuff/build/bristuff/zaptel/kernel/pciradio.c:1886: warning: excess elements in struct initializer
/bristuff/build/bristuff/zaptel/kernel/pciradio.c:1886: warning: (near initialization for ‘pciradio_pci_tbl[0]’)
/bristuff/build/bristuff/zaptel/kernel/pciradio.c:1887: warning: excess elements in struct initializer
/bristuff/build/bristuff/zaptel/kernel/pciradio.c:1887: warning: (near initialization for ‘pciradio_pci_tbl[1]’)
/bristuff/build/bristuff/zaptel/kernel/pciradio.c: In function ‘pciradio_init’:
/bristuff/build/bristuff/zaptel/kernel/pciradio.c:1911: error: ‘ENODEV’ undeclared (first use in this function)
make[4]: *** [/bristuff/build/bristuff/zaptel/kernel/pciradio.o] Erreur 1
make[3]: *** [_module_/bristuff/build/bristuff/zaptel/kernel] Erreur 2
make[3]: quittant le répertoire « /lib/modules/2.6.24-7-pve/build »
make[2]: *** [modules] Erreur 2
make[2]: quittant le répertoire « /bristuff/build/bristuff-0.4.0-RC3c/zaptel-1.4.12 »
make[1]: *** [all] Erreur 2
make[1]: quittant le répertoire « /bristuff/build/bristuff-0.4.0-RC3c/zaptel-1.4.12 »
make: *** [compile-bristuff] Erreur 2
In the VM, I can only install linux-headers-2.6..., like in a "normal" lenny. I've tried to add "deb http://download.proxmox.com/debian lenny pve" in sources.list but it doesn't work :

Code:
W: Impossible de récupérer http://download.proxmox.com/debian/dists/lenny/Release  Unable to find expected entry  pve/binary-i386/Packages in Meta-index file (malformed Release file?)
Do you have an idea ?

Nicolas.

You cant load any modules inside a container anyways - so it makes no sense to compile inside a container.

Thanks for your answer. If I understand, I must install bristuff (asterisk) without zaptel in the VM and compile zaptel in the host, in order to use T0 PCI interfaces, right ?

How do you do that. I have the same situation.
I used an openvz centos 5-x86_64 image, and started from there. I eventually installed asterisk on it.
Everything installed just fine. When it came to zaptel, it would obviously not install on the VE.
I have installed zaptel on HN and all did the necessary steps to give access to the VE.
On the VE in /usr/src/asterisk, when I run "make menuselect", the option for app_meetme is disabled (xxx) with the comment, "Depends on zaptel."
Therefore everything works except meetme!!!!
How do I enable app_meetme on the VE? __________________

Hello,

How do you do that. I have the same situation.
I used an openvz centos 5-x86_64 image, and started from there. I eventually installed asterisk on it.
Everything installed just fine. When it came to zaptel, it would obviously not install on the VE.
I have installed zaptel on HN and all did the necessary steps to give access to the VE.
On the VE in /usr/src/asterisk, when I run "make menuselect", the option for app_meetme is disabled (xxx) with the comment, "Depends on zaptel."
Therefore everything works except meetme!!!!
How do I enable app_meetme on the VE? __________________

It is normal because Zaptel must be loaded in the kernel. So, in OpenVZ mode, Zaptel should be installed on the host, not on the VM.

I can't help you more because I haven't tried this. I finally installed Proxmox on a VT-x capable machine and I used a KVM VM for Bristuff.

Sorry and good luck to you.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!