Proxmox Kernel 6.8.12-2 Freezes (again)

I'm having the same problem. It first appeared on my new 7950x homelab-server with an AsrockRack Board.
Board was swapped by the distributor, problem persisted.
Yesterday i had to move an entire rack at a customer site and updated the proxmox-server at this point. This morning the system had rebootet without any further notice. Same behavior as with my 7950x.
It seems that on systems without watchdog, the host freezes. With watchdog, it just reboots.
Customer EPYC was working with 6.5 perfectly, now 6.8 had the reboot issue. Will switch back to 6.5 this evening and see what happens...

On the other hand, my 5950x system is stable as a rock with 6.8...

I'm having the same problem. It first appeared on my new 7950x homelab-server with an AsrockRack Board.
Board was swapped by the distributor, problem persisted.
Yesterday i had to move an entire rack at a customer site and updated the proxmox-server at this point. This morning the system had rebootet without any further notice. Same behavior as with my 7950x.
It seems that on systems without watchdog, the host freezes. With watchdog, it just reboots.
Customer EPYC was working with 6.5 perfectly, now 6.8 had the reboot issue. Will switch back to 6.5 this evening and see what happens...

On the other hand, my 5950x system is stable as a rock with 6.8...

Unfortunately I also had servers with watchdog enabled and they freezed. But less freezes as without haha.

With 6.5 I also had issues, so be aware of downgrading.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!