Proxmox Internet Speed Slow On External Connection

AntL

Mar 30, 2020
Hello, I am pretty new into Proxmox and this forum.

I am having an issue with my proxmox, been for few months that I've been using it, I had no issues until yesterday, for a reason I cannot understand, the internet speed has been dropped really hard on the upload side, the download is okay but for upload, I just cannot work with the VMs. Even the web GUI of proxmox can't load.

In LAN connection, everything is fine, its as fast as how it was before. I changed the internet cable, did some speed tests and really, the download is okay, just not the upload. I don't really know how to debug Proxmox, does anyone had this problem before ?

Proxmox VE has Debian Linux as underlying OS. Consequently, you can search the internet for general Debian guides about that topic. Could you explain really detailed what is working and what not?
  • Is the speed from guests to host ok?
  • Is the speed from host to gateway ok?
  • "In LAN connection" => Are there multiple Proxmox VE hosts in the local network and the speed between them is ok?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!