[SOLVED] Proxmox interface form outside

lilp

Feb 10, 2016
Hello,
I recently move so I change my internet connection and need to configure a new DHCP and port redirection.
My Proxmox host is on 192.168.1.29, on my router I make a port redirection on TCP & UDP from outside to my IP 192.168.1.29 on 8006.
On my lan I access to proxmox's interface about 192.168.1.29:8006 but not outside with router's ip:8006.

What I miss?

Thanks.

Did you put https:// before the IP?

Yes, I try with https and without.
I have this message :
Network Error (tcp_error)

A communication error occurred: "No route to host"

Reported by KMLPRX31(XX.XXXX.XXX)
The Web Server may be down, too busy, or experiencing other problems preventing it from responding to requests. You may wish to try again at a later time.

I recently move so I change my internet connection and need to configure a new DHCP and port redirection.
My Proxmox host is on 192.168.1.29, on my router I make a port redirection on TCP & UDP from outside to my IP 192.168.1.29 on 8006.

When you moved your Proxmox host, did the IP address change from the previous setup?
You should generally be using static IP addresses on your Proxmox box.

Configure the static address in `/etc/network/interfaces` and then check `/etc/hosts` and make sure it has the right IP in it. Otherwise you'll get many problems on your host.

I keep the same IP (I make static IP).

Proxmox host is on a Intel motherboard, and I have access to Intel Management Tool from outside.

Seeing "No route to host", my guesses would be:
- You're connecting to the wrong IP
- You configured the NAT/port forwarding incorrectly (wrong local IP or port, or forgot to enable it)
- Your router is on a different subnet than the PVE host

Maybe if you can draw a picture of the network, finding out the problem might get easier.

My ports configuration :
upload_2019-3-26_16-51-29.png

My DHCP configuration :
upload_2019-3-26_16-53-14.png

Sorry, when I display list of my devices, I see two with same names "Proxmox" but two different IP, and obviously I choose wrong device.
I think my router didn't clean my olds devices.
I choose correct device and it's work.

Once again problem is beetwen screen and chair. ;)

Attachments

• upload_2019-3-26_16-51-16.png
    upload_2019-3-26_16-51-16.png
    13.4 KB · Views: 17

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!