Proxmox Intel Iris XE Graphic Passthrough (Core i7-1165G7)

Hi there... recently returned to use my NUC 7i5BNK (Kabylake with Intel Iris Plus Grafik 640) as PLEX-Server again as I used to a few years ago.

HW-Transcoding used to be working fine but now I can't get it to work. Using latest PVE (7.1-8), running Plex in an Ubuntu lxc template. What do I have to do to get HW-Transcoding working again?! Followed the steps of this thread and been reading a lot other posts but I didn't find a solution yet.

Thanx in advance, RSchally

Last edited:
Running plex in an Ubuntu 21.10 LXC on a NUC11i7 (TigerLake w/ Intel Iris Xe), and I believe I managed to pass through the iGPU successfully and installed intel-media-va-driver-non-free and have had some success, but like Neo said I can't get it to use hw transcoding if HDR tone mapping is enabled. Has anyone figured out what a solution to this could be, perhaps a missing driver?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!