Proxmox installation wizard crashes

Try Reset BIOS to defaults.
If that doesn't help try to boot a different Linux (Ubuntu, Debian). Does that crash as well?

You have asked for help.
My suggestion is to reset BIOS to defaults.

It is something with your machine if the Debian installer crashes as well. This has nothing to do with proxmox.

How do you know its not the BIOS? Have you tried it? If not. This is a viable option!

You have asked for help.

It is something with your machine if the Debian installer crashes as well. This has nothing to do with proxmox.

How do you know its not the BIOS? Have you tried it? If not. This is a viable option!
Oh.

You have asked for help.

Well, this doesn’t work, I think the CPU may be too old

Did you tried another USB stick and another program to write the image to the usb stick? If I got problems booting from USB the USB stick or how I copied it was the problem.

Did you tried another USB stick and another program to write the image to the usb stick? If I got problems booting from USB the USB stick or how I copied it was the problem.
I tried Sandisk Cruzer Glide and Kingston DataTraveler.

The image is no problem. I tested it on other machines.

Then try another tool to write the cd image to the stick. Maybe your tool somehow formats the stick wrong so it can't finish booting. unetbootin, Win32 Disk Imager, dd, Etcher, easy linux installer and so on. Also you can try to switch formating the stick with BIOS or UEFI bootloaders.

Then try another tool to write the cd image to the stick. Maybe your tool somehow formats the stick wrong so it can't finish booting. unetbootin, Win32 Disk Imager, dd, Etcher, easy linux installer and so on.
I used UltraISO and Rufus before, but Rufus cannot boot

Then try another tool to write the cd image to the stick. Maybe your tool somehow formats the stick wrong so it can't finish booting. unetbootin, Win32 Disk Imager, dd, Etcher, easy linux installer and so on. Also you can try to switch formating the stick with BIOS or UEFI bootloaders.
Well, this doesn’t work.

Did the same. Just to realize it is good to have one available from time to time...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!