Proxmox Installation rebooting every couple minutes

DidiSkywalker

Oct 5, 2024
Hi everyone,
I recently bought a secondhand HP ProDesk 600 G4 DM with an i5-85000T, 16GB RAM and a 256GB M.2 SSD as a beginner homelab. Installed is Proxmox VE 8.2.2.
I am very new to this and just want to play around a bit, maybe host a couple game servers. Ideally in the future have a media server running. That's why I decided to use Proxmox to let me try out things and just delete a VM when I break it and try again.
However, from the beginning my installation has been rebooting every couple minutes to maybe an hour between. So far all I've setup are 2 LXCs: one running Homarr and one running Crafty Controller. But even without these running it keeps rebooting.
Screenshot 2024-10-11 103436.png
For one stretch of about 10 days things were fine and I thought it somehow fixed it by itself, but out of nowhere the reboots came back.
From one forum post here I learned to look at journalctl -p err which yields:
1728638934966.png
But from what I've read SGX is supposed to be disabled? Also the long jump here is from me shutting the PC down and trying again today.
And attached is the output of journalctl -b -2 which is one of those random boots where I did nothing.

Now I'm wondering whether I configured something wrong or is the secondhand hardware just busted?
Any ideas what I could try would be very appreciated, thanks!

Attachments

• proxmox-lastboot.txt
    119.2 KB · Views: 0

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!