Proxmox install in my environment for demo

Amol.pande

Mar 5, 2024
India Mumbai
Dear All Support,

Greetings!!

In Advance Thanks!!!

i am planning to install in my environment for demo purpose if this is success then we will plan purchase this subscription but not i installed 3 node in virtual VM and also created cluster now i need to install ceph install but when i click the install the below error message is prompted so any option can i do this install for HA

HINT: The no-subscription repository is not the best choice for production setups.
Proxmox recommends using the enterprise repository with a valid subscription.
update available package list
E: Failed to fetch https://enterprise.proxmox.com/debian/pve/dists/bookworm/InRelease 401 Unauthorized [IP: 103.76.41.50 443]
E: The repository 'https://enterprise.proxmox.com/debian/pve bookworm InRelease' is not signed.
start installation
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
Package ceph is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source
However the following packages replace it:
ceph-common

Package ceph-mds is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source

E: Package 'ceph' has no installation candidate
E: Package 'ceph-mds' has no installation candidate
E: Unable to locate package ceph-volume
E: Unable to locate package nvme-cli
apt failed during ceph installation (25600)

You need to disable the enterprise repositories and enable the no subscription repositories, then you will be able to install any updates and install Ceph. Once you have a subscription then you can use the enterprise repositories.

You need to disable the enterprise repositories and enable the no subscription repositories, then you will be able to install any updates and install Ceph. Once you have a subscription then you can use the enterprise repositories.
Hi Atraea,
Good day,

where is the option for no sub repo can you guide me the path i see only when i install ceph that i am select no sub but same error showing please see the attachment

and thanks for supporting

You need to disable the enterprise repository and add the no-subscription repository.
I tried everything and thought that maybe some settings might have been issued, I again created a new setup and just joined it in the cluster, but still the same problem is coming, CEPH is not downloading.

please guide me

Last edited:
OK sir,

i will check or Can you guide where is the option so I can disable

Don't you feel bad that I am disturbing you for small matters?
Sorry. i am beginner

Thanks
AMol

Attachments

• 1 no repos.jpg
    1 no repos.jpg
    303.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 2 update.jpg
    2 update.jpg
    298 KB · Views: 3
You are not allowed to download from 103.76.41.50:80, so you need to fix that on your network.
Fix and then run this check:

Code:
curl http://103.76.41.50/

You should not get an error, but a directory listing.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!