Proxmox hypervisor cannot ping secondary addres to a bond interface

bcnx

May 5, 2007
Hi all,

I have a setup with an iSCSI storage cluster. The storage setup uses it's own network (logically, with their own adresses, physically I'm using one switch for everything, since this is a test setup). Connected to this network I have the first of a couple of Proxmox VE machines. The storage cluster uses a master IP address that is a secondary address to a bond interface. The active storage node uses this master IP address.
Problem is access to this IP address: most of the times (not all the time though) the Proxmox server cannot ping this secondary IP address. It is however "pingable" by the slave storage server, so the problem seems related to the Proxmox server and not to the bond with an additional IP address.

Anyone any idea on why this does not work most of the times? Is this an ARP issue of some sort?

Thx!

BC

One extra observation: when I reboot the Proxmox server, things are fine again. Weird.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!