Proxmox Host - random freeze(?)

Discussion in 'Proxmox VE: Installation and configuration' started by Semmo, May 28, 2019.

1. lhorace

lhorace Member

With EXT4 and LVM Thin

2. lhorace

lhorace Member

On Proxmox GUI, there is always a Help button that you can click that will open a link to internal docs. Alternatively you can visit https://pve.proxmox.com/pve-docs/

3. Semmo

Semmo New Member

I still have no crashlog but since i disabled the c-states there is no freeze anymore... it's with an Intel i7-3770.

But there was an kernel update also... hmmm...

4. n1nj4888

n1nj4888 Member

I also haven’t had any similar crashes in the last couple of weeks. I haven’t changed anything c-state related in the BIOS but I did move all VMs off the suspect node a couple of days ago (so that it was idle to increase chances of a c-state crash) and still no crash...

Possibly the kernel update has fixed this?

5. n1nj4888

n1nj4888 Member

Have you tried re-enabling the c-state changes to see whether it still crashes?

6. JanN

JanN New Member

I've read several times about c-states higher than 1 are causing freezes/crashes on Linux servers...
    BR
    Jan

7. Semmo

Semmo New Member

No I didn't because I'm so happy that it works ;) have you tried disabling your c-states?

8. n1nj4888

n1nj4888 Member

Nope! I’ve left the c-states as is and haven’t had another crash even though I’ve experimented both with putting the suspect node under load and completely free for prolonged periods of time... still no crash...

I suspect the kernel upgrade fixed it...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice