Proxmox Host Migration

tzzz90

May 10, 2022
Hello,

i think i have a simple question. I have an old PVE Host with local Storage as local-lvm (lvm-thin) and want to migrate my VMs to a new Host with a local-zfs. My planned method is to install the new Host and create a Cluster between the new and the old host. After that i migrate the VMs to the new Host and uncluster the nodes. Is this correct or is there a trouble because the different storage types? Im not that familiar yet with this kind of migration.

Best regards

Hello,

sorry for late answer. Yeah, thats a good idea. But there is a other question now. We have a PBS installed on the old PVE Node. The datastore is a litte QNAP mounted via NFS. So i installed PBS on the other node and tried to mount this NFS Datastore. Its mounting and with ssh i see the old PBS Stuff. But in the gui from PBS i dont see the old backups. And generally the store is smaller then the "other" in the old PBS. How can i do this? Now i imagine my Node is crashing, i install the new PVE and PBS and then i dont see the old backups? I tried to copy the datastore.cfg but it doesnt help.

Best regards,
Tzzz

I tried again to mount the backup and it works. So i could restore the VMs on the new Host. Thank you!

Best Regards,
Tzzz

Reactions: Moayad

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!