Proxmox host locked to my static IP and double authentication

openaspace

Sep 16, 2019
Italy
Hi.
My proxmox host firewall with public IP is locked to accept only connections from my office static IP. Virtual machine are using a dedicated public IP with a front firewall.

Have sense to use double authentication on a host, that answer only from public static IP requests?

Have sense to use double authentication on a host, that answer only from public static IP requests?
what do you mean exactly? maybe try to explain it more verbosely

I mean if have sense to use the 2FA auth system on the host, when the proxmox Firewall allow access to the proxmox control panel only from my static IP address.

i use a reverse proxy with authentication and authorisation (including 2FA) to expose the management UI to the public side. this way i control whats being exposed.
Hi.
But you have it running in your office or with multiple hosts in a data center?
I'm running single host in a data center and I can't get a dedicated hardware vpn server.

My question is that if have sense to use 2FA when the proxmox control panel answer only to a static IP or the firewall rules on m to answer only to static ip

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!