Proxmox Helper Scripts

Proxmox Helper Scripts™
I'd assume that this isn't meant as serious trademark but rather in jest, but note that Proxmox Server Solutions is holding the registered trademark for Proxmox and all derived brands, and don't get me wrong, I find it great that you share resources on how to make usage of Proxmox VE even nicer for some cases, but we're obliged to defend that trademark if we see possible violations, even if they're small/jokingly made, so it'd be great if you could please drop that ™ from the title (edit thread, top right) and the post, thanks!

If one wants to use the Proxmox name or logo I'd recommend checking out our brand guideline in how to do so legally and safely, it can be downloaded/opened as PDF here: https://www.proxmox.com/en/news/media-kit

And that really is key:
Always remember to use due diligence when sourcing scripts and automation tasks from third-party sites.

FWIW (as I didn't check all), but at least the kernel cleaner really isn't required anymore, as we have a apt hook taking care of that in a sensible way since a while, just use apt autoremove once in a while.

I would absolutely terrific if people could share similar scripts to get LXC up and running, and maintenance tasks, but in the form of Ansible Roles/Playbooks.

Nonetheless, good work and thanks for sharing!

I also just recently learned about this project. I like it very much but as I'm not well versed in understanding bash scripts, I'm not 100% comfortable to run them.
Are there some tips/tools to check those scripts. What should I look out for?

This is an amazing project! Thank you all for your work.

Just an idea to take it to the next level, it would be awesome to make this a "community store" within the Proxmox admin webpage. Think HACS for Home Assistant. It could be something a bit more simple, say moving the existing webpage into a tab in the host management page with links that bring up a console and run the script with a simple click... Now there would only be one script to copy/past to install the add-on PVECS....

Hello, I am very new to the world of proxmox and this has helped me a lot to be able to create my machines and use the services, but I have a question, I created an lxc for unifi network, and now an available update appears from the control panel and when I click on it, it downloads a file, how can I install it or how can I update the server application? THANK YOU!!!

Hello, I am very new to the world of proxmox and this has helped me a lot to be able to create my machines and use the services, but I have a question, I created an lxc for unifi network, and now an available update appears from the control panel and when I click on it, it downloads a file, how can I install it or how can I update the server application? THANK YOU!!!
You either use the classic apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade console commands or you use the WebGUI, by selecting each node of the cluster and going to the Updates menu option.

You either use the classic apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade console commands or you use the WebGUI, by selecting each node of the cluster and going to the Updates menu op
Ok, thank you for the answer

I entered the LXC and ran the update command and it worked, it was updated

I already have the latest version, thank you!!!

Ok, thank you for the answer

I entered the LXC and ran the update command and it worked, it was updated

I already have the latest version, thank you!!!
Oh, you meant the LXC. I thought you meant the node. In that case, yes, you connect to the LXC via the WebGUI terminal or SSH and you run the commands.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!