Proxmox hangs

SilverApe

Nov 2, 2020
Hi all,
I have not much knowledge of proxmox. I have followed an installation instruction from youtube so I could use Home Assistant. I installed it on a laptop. Installation went very well and it runs really smooth. Home Assistant is running without any problems. I really like the fact that I can create a backup of my VM before I update HA. So far I am happy.
There is only one problem. The whole proxmox hangs from time to time. I can restart the laptop and it runs smoothly again. This is the message that is on the screen when it hangs:

IMG_0191 (1).jpeg

Can anyone help me with this. Keep in mind that I am new to proxmox :p

Thanks

Hi Moayad,
Thanks for the help.
Do I go in the proxserver and then in the shell type this command? And what is the name of my device (where do I find this)?

Schermafbeelding 2020-11-02 om 13.38.18.png

I now get this when I execute the command: -bash: ethtool: command not found

Thanks

Do I go in the proxserver and then in the shell type this command?
yes, or if you have ssh into your node that easy to copy the output of pveversion -v

I now get this when I execute the command: -bash: ethtool: command not found
Try to install the tool with apt install ethtool

I used this: root@proxserver:~# ethtool -K proxserver gso off gro off tso off tx off rx off
I am getting this: Cannot get device feature names: No such device

sooo :oops::)

Bash:
ethtool -K <device name> gso off gro off tso off tx off rx off

<device name> means interface name of network, to find the name of interface do ip -c a commnad, probably it will be second one like 2: enp0XXXXX

Argh! I thought it worked. Until today it run perfectly without crashing. Today it crashed again with the same message. Is there something else I could do?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!