proxmox gui doesn't start automatically

fuzecx

Jan 26, 2007
Hiya,

When I start my machine with proxmox it only loads up the command line. How do I turn on the proxmox gui?

Please help!

Wayne :confused:

Hiya,

When I start my machine with proxmox it only loads up the command line. How do I turn on the proxmox gui?

Please help!

Wayne :confused:

Hi,

the admin interface is web interface means its already running and you have to access it via browser. please go to your desktop and start the browser (internet explorer or firefox) and type the ip address of your proxmox in the address bar.

if you forget the IP address, log in to the console and type

> ifconfig

the output is (for example):

eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:0C:29:94:D4:30
inet addr:192.168.2.108 Bcast:192.168.15.255

which means your proxmox has the ip 192.168.2.108

if you want to change the ip address on the console, type:

> proxsetup

This is stupidity....sorry but I had to say that.

I am installing it on my home PC - DQ45CB mobo with VT core 2 duo processor - am I supposed to purchase now a another new PC (what u call desktop) to connect to this via browser???

Huh...

looks like you are confused. you are posting here in the mail gateway forum, a server based spam filter with web gui - therefore you need a browser to access it.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!