Proxmox goes unresponsive.

Unknown2k

Jan 28, 2016
HI All,
I have a weird issue I've been chasing for sometime. I don't think it's strictly a Proxmox issue, but I'm not sure whats happening.

I have a server I have colo'd in a datacenter. I had recently upgraded the server, and did a backup of a VM and restored it on the newly built server. Ever since then, I've had periods of timeouts when the entire box becomes unresponsive. No systems in the syslog, no indication of why.

Today, I happened to be connected vis ssh to my email server VM, and noticed that it spike from a normal state of .4 CPU usage to about 4.0. At this time, I lost connection to the pve login, my other VMs, everything.

Once the VM returned to normal, I could access the box again. The CPU is a i7 7700k, I am at a loss on why a CPU Spike on a VM would take down the network connection of the entire box?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!