Proxmox DKIM

Discussion in 'Mail Gateway: Installation and configuration' started by EagleEye, Feb 3, 2018.

1. Jonathan Tyler

Jonathan Tyler New Member

I can understand where you're coming from now, and can see the benefit there for some setups. I guess I really didn't need to add that last line, sorry about that.

Since I already had Zimbra setup to do DKIM it didn't make much sense to change it now. I was just pointing out that it does relay signed emails without any issues so far. Only issue I noticed is what I mentioned in the previous reply/post I just made.

2. killmasta93

killmasta93 Member

hmmm, but if you replay to pmg how does it get signed though zimbra, i have postfix which was previous doing the signing with opendkim when i started to relay the emails the signed dkim was not going though, that why i had to put pmg to sign the emails instead of my postfix email server

3. Jonathan Tyler

Jonathan Tyler New Member

I'm not sure how Zimbra handles the signing, but as far as I can tell it signs it before relaying to PMG, as if it was simply sending the email to it's destination. Then I guess PMG sends it unaltered since I'm not doing any other processing there, other than the outbound spam/virus checks.
    I just added my PMG to the Relay Host setting, restarted, and sent a test to mail-tester.com, which came back with a 10/10 score just as I was getting before.

Zimbra is a lot of overhead if you just need postfix, but it takes a lot of headache out of setting it up.

killmasta93 likes this.
  4. atec666

atec666 Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice