Proxmox CT on zfs?

zBrain

Apr 27, 2013
When I go to create a CT it doesn't give me the option to use the zfs store, only the local dir. Is this expected behavior?

And you are talking about the "local-zfs" storage where you can't store LXC virtual disks?
pvesm set local-zfs --content rootdir,images will tell PVE to use that store for VM and LXC virtual disks, in case it isn't set for that already (which you could check by having a look at the storage.cfg: cat /etc/pve/storage.cfg).

And are you sure you are not getting confused with the template field in the "template" tab/step? When creating a LXC you first select a template and this has to be stored on the "local" storage. If that list is empty you need to download a template first. Only later in the LXC creation you select the storage where you want to store the virtual disk. Is it really the "Disks" tab/step where you can't choose your "local-zfs"?

Just asking, because seen people here that thought the "ressource pool" dropdown (which has nothing to do with storage) when creating a VM would be where you select the VM storage, and also complained that "local-zfs" can't be selected there. So I wouldn't wonder if this is a similar misunderstanding of the GUI.

Last edited:
Reactions: LnxBil

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!