Proxmox - CRON ERROR

czdavid

May 17, 2012
Hello,

it is second day wnen I got to my email address this email from my server.

Subject: Cron <root@xx-xx-222-xx> test -x /usr/sbin/anacron || ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.daily )
/usr/bin/updatedb.mlocate: `/var/lib/mlocate/mlocate.db' is locked (probably by an earlier updatedb)
run-parts: /etc/cron.daily/mlocate exited with return code 1

What is wrong? How can I fix it?

Thank you.

David

Updatedb is still running from yesterday. This usually happens when you have a lot of files. I'm not sure if it is needed, but I usually remove it I proxmox servers.

Updatedb is still running from yesterday. This usually happens when you have a lot of files. I'm not sure if it is needed, but I usually remove it I proxmox servers.

Its fourth day today (I get this message every day). Should I try restart server (node)?

I would disable, or remove mlocate. Restarting the node won't do much of anything, as it will just run again. As an alternative, you can remove /var/lib/vz from the directory that mlocate scans. Check the man page.

I would disable, or remove mlocate. Restarting the node won't do much of anything, as it will just run again. As an alternative, you can remove /var/lib/vz from the directory that mlocate scans. Check the man page.

Thank you.

How can I disable mlocate or remove directory /var/lib/vz? Where is configuration file for mlocate?

Thank you.

Do you have data on the server outside of that, such as a mounted network share?

That should indeed fix you up.

Is possible kill/restart currentdb update process (remove lock)? I have still running currentdb update from first day. Probably because in /mnt/pve is one of NFS storages offline.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!