Proxmox crashes after daily update

jamestomasan

Apr 30, 2024
Hello everyone, I'm using Proxmox VE for my homelab, just running HomeAssistant and simple NAS. My proxmox from the beginning was crashing but I had handle it with turning off CRON but now it seems that it doesn't help. It crashes always after "pve daily update". The reboot on logs is made by me just by holding power button because before I reboot I can do nothing - the admin panel doesn't work. I have already tried updating everything (also with --fix-missing) but it didn't help. I am attaching logs but on them everything looks fine. It crashes almost everyday and it is very annoying.

Attachments

• Zrzut ekranu 2024-04-30 130811.png
    Zrzut ekranu 2024-04-30 130811.png
    32.9 KB · Views: 15
Hey,

could you post the system logs since the last three boots, you can use the following
Code:
(journalctl -b; journalctl -b -1; journalctl -b -2) | gzip > $(hostname)_logs_last3b.txt.gz

could you also post the script you ran using cron?

Now it showed me this error. I don't know how to post the script from cron because I have never used it. I've never changed anything there so it's default I guess.

Attachments

• Zrzut ekranu 2024-05-01 123533.png
    Zrzut ekranu 2024-05-01 123533.png
    5.1 KB · Views: 8
Try this:
Code:
(journalctl -b; journalctl -b -1) | gzip > $(hostname)_logs_last3b.txt.gz

First thing I notice, your install is pretty much really out of date.

Check pveversion -v

Have you tried a proper update in GUI:

1. Check repositories
2. Updates, Refresh & Upgrade (ALL IN GUI)

I also see (line 2 of your output) what appears a mismatch of the kernel/pve date:
May 01 11:57:03 smarthome kernel: Linux version 5.15.149-1-pve (build@proxmox) (gcc (Debian 10.2.1-6) 10.2.1 20210110, GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Debian) 2.35.2) #1 SMP PVE 5.15.149-1 (2024-03-29T14:24Z) ()

Maybe you installed on top of Debian, IDK.
Don't know the history of your install(s) / HW - But I can tell you what I would do in simple:

CLEAN INSTALL!

I assume you have full restorable backups of everything (HA & NAS?)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!