PROXMOX configuration issue

amoatasem

Oct 13, 2021
I'm conducting a RAM upgrade on my servers , I installed the new RAM on the physical servers. However when I try to edit the RAM configuration on any of servers of node with hypervisor (Main node ) I keep getting permission error .

I managed to increase RAM on other servers on the other 2 nodes , The node with the hypervisor is only one I'm struggling with .

Can some help me fix this to increase RAM ?

Thanks in advance .PROXMOX error.PNG

was your cluster quorate at the time ? what does 'pveversion -v' say ?

I turned off the VM before trying to edit the configurations , I'm new to proxmox administration so how can I check the 'pveversion -v' .

, I'm new to proxmox administration so how can I check the 'pveversion -v' .
you can do that on the command line (e.g. via ssh or with the integrated shell in the webui)

also the syslog/journal of that time would be interesting

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!