PROXMOX Compatibility with HP Dynamic Smart Array B140i

Emmanuel Robador

Sep 14, 2017
Dear PROXMOX sages. I want to know if PROXMOX support Raid HP Dynamic Smart Array B140i.

The server is HP ML110 GEN9 E5-2603 1P.

Some time ago I tried to install PROXMOX on an HP server, and the RAID was not compatible. The raid did not work, so install the system without raid.

I would appreciate your answers.
Very Thanks.

Emmanuel

Promox no reconoces el RAID 5 que estas configurado en un PROLIANT 160 gen10, cuando boteo el promox solo me reconoces los discos por separado, se procedio a instalar el promox un disco pero al finalizar no reconoces la instalacion PROMOX. AYUDA...............

Promox no reconoces el RAID 5 que estas configurado en un PROLIANT 160 gen10, cuando boteo el promox solo me reconoces los discos por separado, se procedio a instalar el promox un disco pero al finalizar no reconoces la instalacion PROMOX. AYUDA...............
Hola Pedro,
Según las especificaciones, esa controladora RAID es de "Software", pensada para paises emergentes como donde vivo.
Si te sucede lo que comentaste, deberás poner la controladora en modo AHCI o SATA, y realizar el RAID con ZFS desde Proxmox. Podrías comprar otra controladora RAID con soporte JBOD, o cualquier otra que sea soportada por Ubuntu.
Tristemente son servidores de baja gama, y pensados para MS-Wind.

Hello Pedro,
I see that your Proliant server, is a economic server (for very small enterprises in our emergent countries).
The only chance is to set your controller in AHCI/SATA mode, and make ZFS RAID from Proxmox, or buy another controller with modes: JBOD or supported from Ubuntu.

Saludos.

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!