Proxmox Cluster - zfs pool share

MarcMorgan

Feb 5, 2021
So let me tell you my setup and configuration before I asked the question

1x Dell R710 3.5 drive (Plex data storage) - THANOS
1x Dell R710 sas drive (Nas storage) - LOKI

both servers have TrueNAS installed, THANOS is ONLY used for Plex data (TrueNAS OS that is)

LOKI is used for business storage/home storage and jails for Radarr/Sonarr

This configuration may be all over the place but trying to find a better way.

I need to have my jails ok Loki to access Plex storage on thanos

How can I mount between the 2, either Proxmox and/or TrueNAS

Because of storage I need to keep my jails active on Loki but it needs to be able to ready/write to thanos

I dont really get what you are doing...

You got 2 servers that you use with TrueNAS. Is TrueNAS running bare metal or are they both running Proxmox but with TrueNAS in a VM?
If you got Proxmox running on both...why are you using jails at all? Main reason I switched from FreeNAS to Proxmox was to get rid of jails and bhyve VMs because TrueNAS is a very bad hypervisor.

And for the shared storage...
ZFS can't be shared between hosts. For something like that CEPH is a better storage choice. If you want share data stored on a ZFS pool you can only use NFS/SMB/iSCSI for that.

Last edited:
Yes sorry I didn't explain very well
2 servers with Proxmox running bare metal

2 TrueNAS on each one just for shares for Windows SMB access.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!