Proxmox Cluster only 2 nodes network configuration

Dexter23

Dec 23, 2021
Hi all
I have a customer with two servers, one is a Dell and the other is a Supermicro.

I want to configure a replication tasks and proxmox ask me to choose which network card to use for the cluster.

Both servers has only two network cards one is the (LAN) connected to the Office Switch and the other network card is directly connected to the other server with an ethernet cable.

My idea was obviously to use 2nd NIC of the Dell Server connected directly with ethernet cable to the 2nd NIC of the Supermicro server for replication task, and use the 1st NIC which is now the LAN of the Proxmox also for the cluster network.

I know proxmox recommends that you have separate networks for storage, clusters and lan, but both servers only have two network cards.
What is the best option in this case?
Thank you.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!