Proxmox Cluster Networking setup

Feb 9, 2017
Hello,

I'm trying to create the following topology:

topology.png

A few Details on the above topology:

1. Proxmox Servers have 6 nics.
2. 2x Nics Public network bond to cumulus switches with Public IP addresses announced from our routers.
3. 2x Nics Proxmox network bond to cumulus switches with Private IP addresses.
4. 2x Nics Ceph network bond to cumulus switches with Private IP addresses.

What is the best way to implement this in proxmox nodes?
I would like for the network between Cumulus and routers to be a routed one, while providing public gateway to VM's inside the nodes ( with redundancy using VRRP ).
The ultimate goal here is to provide redundancy in case a switch/link fails.
In case more info is needed I would be happy to provide it.

Best Regards,
Panagiotis Botos

Hi,

could you specify "best way to implement" maybe a bit more? Configuring multiple network devices in Proxmox VE can be done in the GUI:
network.png

You can also manually edit /etc/network/interfaces to change settings like assigning IP addresses with DHCP.

In case you haven't done so yet, I'd suggest you install Proxmox VE in a VM and create nested VMs in it to get a better idea of the networking options. In addition, the Proxmox VE Administration Guide has a section about host network configuration.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!