Proxmox cluster (3 nodes) unreachable GUI after power outage

ctlister

Nov 8, 2021
I just got back from a power outage, and after restarting all three nodes, none of my Proxmox nodes are reachable. I cannot access the web GUI nor SSH into 2 of the three nodes.

But connecting a VGA monitor I can see the console, and it does have the correct IP address.

What should I do?

I tried releasing the IP address on bond0 and then running dhclient -v bond0 and it says "no buffer space available". Before this, I was not able to ping my home router.

Edit: I just realized, that both nodes #1 and #3 utilize NIC-teaming through LACP. But node #2 can be SSHed into (but can't be reached with a GUI). It's possible that the Zyxel managed switch (which had really poor documentation on NIC-teaming setups) broke on me.

Last edited:
I'll get it done after finals and before my doctor's appointment later this week. I have a good feeling it is my managed switch.

Edit: It is my managed switch. Brought Node #3 online that has NIC-teaming. Node #1 still isn't working. So during the weekend i'm going to restore to default network interfaces and put together NIC-teaming from scratch. The Zyxel switch is buggy, because the first time I implemented NIC-Teaming, I didn't need to use a LAG group, it just causes a DoS, but now putting together LAG groups for Node #3 works.

Fixed. My Zyxel Managed Switch dislikes my Dell R710 Rackserver with three bonded NICs and one sniffer NIC for SecurityOnion. Apparently I can't give it a LAG group for that. But it has taken a liking for my Dell Precision's bonded NICs.

I'm going to toss this Zyxel away for my Cisco Catalyst during winter break.

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!