Proxmox can´t see the virtual disk provided by LSI RAID controller

blacklistme

Apr 12, 2019
Hi,

I have a problem: My server (Supermicro X11SCL-IF, i3 9400, 64GB ECC) doesn´t see the RAID arry that is provided by the RAID controller. The controller is a LSI 9341-4i with 3008 Chipset and latest firmware installed.

The error message is shown on the picture below (for the search engines: megaraid_sas failed from megasas_init_fw_6399):

raid.PNG

Dr. google says I should check UEFI/BIOS Modes. The OPROM option for the given PCIe slot is "legacy". If I set it to "UEFI" the MBD drops an error with the suggestion to contact the technical service.... (UEFI driver unhealthy).

To be sure weather it is a MBD, or a OS problem, I have installed a naked Debian 10 on the Server and voila the RAID array is there right after the installation!

I colud install PVE over debian now, but then I must configure PVE from scratch and import all VMs. (This is plan c :) ).

Has anyone ever had similar problems with? Does anyone have a solution, or an idea?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!