[SOLVED] Proxmox Backup Server with only one hard disk

handmade

Apr 5, 2023
Hello,

I made my first steps with Proxmox Backup Server. My plan is to use pbs with my old computer. This one has only one 1tb ssd drive. I have no problems to install pbs with e.g. zfs but when I want to configure a new zfs datastore I couldn't create it one the same disk. Is it possible to use pbs with only one hard disk or do I need more than one?
Thank you for your support.

Hi!
obviously it's recommended to have a separate disk, but you can also create a partition or a simple directory and add the absolute path to the 'Add Datastore' menu.

Hi!
obviously it's recommended to have a separate disk, but you can also create a partition or a simple directory and add the absolute path to the 'Add Datastore' menu.
Hi,
thank you for your quick support. It works.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!