proxmox backup server doesn't accept connection after install & reboot

luca_merkle

Sep 17, 2018
Hi.

Yesterday I installed PBS 1.0.1 on a dedicated root server at my usual Service Provider with a Debian 10/Kernel series 4.x

Install is ok, do a test-reboot and everything is ok.

After this I install PBS, everything was smooth and fine, I can connect to the WebGUI.
Again, I did a test-reboot and noticed that PBS started denying any incoming connection, ssh included.

So I had to reinstall it again, and it happened again.

Trying to debug this on a local VM, it happens the same.

No iptables rules created, network connectivity is ok but only for outbound traffic, and absolutely no way to login on PBS or ssh.
Ssh is listening as usual on port 22.

Happened to anyone?

Thanks,
Luca

Hi.

Yesterday I installed PBS 1.0.1 on a dedicated root server at my usual Service Provider with a Debian 10/Kernel series 4.x

After this I install PBS, everything was smooth and fine, I can connect to the WebGUI.
Again, I did a test-reboot and noticed that PBS started denying any incoming connection, ssh included.

No iptables rules created, network connectivity is ok but only for outbound traffic, and absolutely no way to login on PBS or ssh.

Happened to anyone?

Thanks,
Luca
I found a partial workaround:
ifdown ens33 && ifup ens33 (or whatever name your NIC has)
seems fixing the problem, but this is a completely weird behaviour that happens only after PBS has been installed, as it doesn't happen until PBS is not installed.

Hi.

Happened to anyone?

Thanks,
Luca
Find final workaround, don't know if I can call this a 'solution', as this is intended only for testing and private installations of PBS (no subscriptons)

Install everything as in the PBS guide.
After PBS is installed, do this way
from
deb https://enterprise.proxmox.com/debian/pbs buster pbs-enterprise
to
#deb https://enterprise.proxmox.com/debian/pbs buster pbs-enterprise
in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/
then do
apt-get update
apt-get clean
apt-get autoclean
apt-get update
(to purge apt cache)
apt-get --purge autoremove

reboot and everything shoud be fine.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!