Proxmox Backup Server and Wasabi Cloud Storage

mswedv

Nov 27, 2020
I found a repo that can easy mount a wasabi Store/bucket to pbs. My question is, ho to mount it thatway, i can set it as backup repository?
or is it only possible to cronjob the data frome the pbs backup store to that mounted storage to get it uploading?

Repo used: https://github.com/s3fs-fuse/s3fs-fuse

Hello,

I would strongly advise against using the mounted object storage as a datastore directly, this will likely perform horribly. However, syncing the datastore contents to the mounted storage, e.g. via a cron job should be okay.

hello,

that would be a better option, can you tell me the main stepts how to do?

Well, I cannot go into much detail since I have never done anything like this ;)
It should be pretty straight forward, simply mount your cloud storage using the s3fs-fuse tool (it appears that there are examples on the Github page) and then use e.g. rsync to copy the datastore contents to the mounted cloud storage. Afterwards, you might want to unmount the cloud storage. You can put these steps in a script and run the script via a cronjob or a systemd timer.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!