Proxmox Backup Server 3.1-2 Set ZFS Quotas

Dexter23

Dec 23, 2021
I want to set zfs quotas for my datastore to avoid problem when it's full, this is my proxmox backup server installation:
1705479848503.png

I add a datastore in this path:
1705479878286.png

This is the output of zfs list -t all:
1705479915602.png

In my case i need for set quota i need to do this command right?
zfs set quota=712G rpool (80%)

Last edited:
Hi,
this depends on how you set up your storage. If you have a dedicated zfs dataset for a datastore, you can set the quota directly on that dataset, otherwise you will have to set quotas on the parent dataset.
To set the quota on a dataset, you can run zfs set quota=<size> <zpool>/<datastet>.

is better create a dataset? or i leave in /mnt/backup
You could create a dedicated dataset per datastore if you would like to set zfs properties on a per datastore level. However, if your intention is to avoid running out of space on the pool, you can of course set the quota directly on the pool.

You could create a dedicated dataset per datastore if you would like to set zfs properties on a per datastore level. However, if your intention is to avoid running out of space on the pool, you can of course set the quota directly on the pool.
i create directly on "rpool", thanks

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!