Proxmox Backup GUI Inaccessible

neo02

Jan 28, 2023
Hi all,

Can someone please help me figure out what I have done wrong with setting up Proxmox Backup server? I have installed the backup server as a VM on my Qnap NAS which is plugged directly into Unifi Dream Router. I have installed the Promox VE on an intel nuc (also plugged directly into the UDR). The VE has been up & running for the past month with no issues. However, I can't access the Backup server web gui via https://192.168.1.63:8007 as it's showing error "this site can't be reached". The Qnap NAS only has 1 phyiscal network adapter and therefore for this VM, the NAS has assigned a virtual switch. I have also tried plugging the NAS into a different port of my router but still the same issue. I did make sure that during configuration, I changed the IP within my DHCP range and changed the Gateway & DNS Server to 192.168.1.1, instead of the default settings of IP - 192.168.100.2; Gateway - 192.168.100.1 and DNS Server - 127.0.0.1. MY DHCP range is 192.168.1.6-192.168.2.254. I can ping the server and it shows this :
1675752351467.png
I have logged into the Backup server console and below are the outputs for ip r & ip a and cat /etc/network/interfaces
1675752534937.png
1675752636505.png
I am using my laptop with wifi but on the same network as the NAS to access the Backup server console. I am not really sure what to look out for and showing the above outputs based on what has been requested from people with similar issues when I searched the forums. Hope someone can help and point me in the right direction. TIA

Hey,

could you post journalctl -b -u proxmox-backup-proxy.service and proxmox-backup-manager versions --verbose?

Hey,

could you post journalctl -b -u proxmox-backup-proxy.service and proxmox-backup-manager versions --verbose?
Hi,
Thanks for taking time to respond. Here is the output for journalctl -b -u proxmox-backup-proxy.service:
1675759300863.png

and output for proxmox-backup-manager versions --verbose:
1675759492830.png

Since the proxy(responsible for the web UI) is running and the server is reachable, there is not much that could still be wrong. Since I think it is unlikely that 8007 is blocked by some firewall, could you try a different browser or wget https://192.168.1.63:8007, sometimes browsers cache weird stuff.

Since the proxy(responsible for the web UI) is running and the server is reachable, there is not much that could still be wrong. Since I think it is unlikely that 8007 is blocked by some firewall, could you try a different browser or wget https://192.168.1.63:8007, sometimes browsers cache weird stuff.
I have tried ME browser and same issue. I did the wget https://192.168.1.63:8007 in Backup server console and got this output:
1675763565629.png
Thank you so much for your time on this. Appreciate you taking time to help me out

me too. I still cant access it with any browser. Did apt-get upgrade but still the same. I have not change anything since install and it was working before. I even setup static IP and its not used by anything else in my network.

I still cant access it with any browser. Did apt-get upgrade but still the same. I have not change anything since install and it was working before. I even setup static IP and its not used by anything else in my network.
You gave us zero information on your actual configuration - on what basis should we give a helpful reply???

Please start always by giving us some information, like the copy-n-pasted output of some commands, for example:

PVE System information:
  • pveversion -v
PVE Basic network information:
  • ip address show # currently active IP addresses on one NODE
  • ip route show # currently active routing table on one NODE
  • cat /etc/network/interfaces # and/or ifquery -a for comparison from one NODE
PBS Information
  • proxmox-backup-manager version
  • systemctl status proxmox-backup.service proxmox-backup-proxy.service # status of the main service and the web frontened
PBS Basic network information:
  • ip address show # currently active IP addresses on one NODE
  • ip route show # currently active routing table on one NODE
  • cat /etc/network/interfaces # and/or ifquery -a for comparison
  • ss -tlpn # which process is actually listening on which address/port
Those are examples. You may add/edit commands and options if you can enrich the information given. Oh, and please put each command in a separate [CODE]...[/CODE]-block for better readability.

Last edited:
yes and I wont change that because I tried for month now to solve that issue. Ended up now reinstalling whole backup server to have access to the gui again, which sucks. I have now the problem that it gives me create storage failed: PBS: error fetching datastores - 400 Bad Request (500). And I know your answer to this allready, that information is missing and it will be a network issue. But network did not change at all and last time it worked.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!