Proxmox Backup failed

adminkc

Sep 28, 2020
Hi Guys,

our VMs does not got backuped because of this error:
unable to open file '/etc/pve/nodes/kcs-proxmox05/qemu-server/138.conf.tmp.2326079' - Permission denied

This happens since the restart of the node on Friday because of a new kernel update.
Does everyone has experience with this error?

Best,
KC IT-Team

Last edited:
that sounds like your cluster is not quorate.. what does "pvecm status" say?

can you repeat on "kcs-proxmox-node-1"? what does "systemctl status pve-cluster" report on that node? is the hostname really correct - the one you posted is kcs-proxmox05 without "node"?

It says active running. The Node name is kcs-proxmox05.

Best

Attachments

• systemctl status pve-cluster.PNG
    systemctl status pve-cluster.PNG
    38 KB · Views: 4
did you change the hostname at some point? what does 'pvecm status' and 'pvecm nodes' say on the kcs-proxmox05 node?

I changed nothing, I only rebooted the system to get the new kernel update.
the status can be seen above, this is the status of proxmox05.
The pvecm node shows me all nodes and it looks fine.

please actually provide the information I am asking for (output of the commands), else it's not possible to help you find out what's going wrong..

HI sry, attached the pvecm nodes and the status of Proxmox05

Attachments

• pvecm status.PNG
    pvecm status.PNG
    37.5 KB · Views: 3
  • pvecm nodes.PNG
    pvecm nodes.PNG
    11 KB · Views: 4
yeah, so something is wrong with your hostname resolution. are the nodes defined in the /etc/hosts? or via DNS? are you using DHCP for your nodes or static IP assignment? you need to ensure that all nodes have the same view of hostname -> IP for all nodes, including themselves..

they have all the same names starting with kcs-proxmox10 or kcs-proxmox25 I only grayed out because of security reasons.
The IP is static of all nodes.
the Names we are defined via DNS.

Best

you edited your first post? initially your error message contained a different node name.. was that error message actually like you originally posted or like it is now in the edited post?

I only edited because ther was a mistake at the writting.
the node that hast the backup error is kcs-proxmox05, and I send you all the pictures.

Best

can you post the complete backup log if you attempt to do a backup now?

But when i look into the VM and go under Backup I see that the machine has been backuped, this is strange for me

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!