Proxmox Backup configuration

Mourad Meziou

Apr 3, 2019
Dear All,

I'm using Proxmox virtual Environment 5.2-1 and I have the following problem: I have 3 disks (disk2, local and local-lvm) and i have added a new disk (disqsauv) that i want to make it dedicated for backup but when i tried to run the backup it show me only the disk local, how i can modify this to change it to disqsauv ?

Thanks in advance
Mourad

Attachments

• disque.PNG
    disque.PNG
    62.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Backup VM.PNG
    Backup VM.PNG
    9.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Backup final.PNG
    Backup final.PNG
    57.1 KB · Views: 2
I'm using Proxmox virtual Environment 5.2-1
Please consider upgrading to the latest 5.4 - and quite soon to PVE 6 - since PVE 5.2 is completely outdated and PVE 5.X will be EOL in about one month:
https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/FAQ

As for your question - you need to select the 'Backup' Content type for 'disqsauv' in Datacenter -> Storage

I hope this helps!

Click on the 'Content' field - and select 'Backup' in addition to 'Disk image' and 'Container'

I have clicked on 'Content-field' but could found only Disk image' and 'Container' may be this because i have select thedisk type as LVM-Thin and not Directory.
How should i proceed ?

Thanks,

Attachments

• backup.PNG
    backup.PNG
    14 KB · Views: 0
may be this because i have select thedisk type as LVM-Thin and not Directory.
Yes LVM-Thin storage does not support backups. Check out the reference documentation for details on the storage types:
https://pve.proxmox.com/pve-docs/chapter-pvesm.html#storage_lvmthin

You can either wipe the disk and create a directory storage or you manually create a thin lvm volume on the storage, create a filesystem on it and mount that to use as a directory storage (there are many howtos on the net for this)

I hope this helps!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!